Hi My Beauty’s, Hope you’re all having a good week and haven’t been working too hard. With Halloween less than a week away, here’s a Simple Halloween look inspired by the Day of the Dead 💀. I love Halloween. Here’s a list of the reasons why ;
- Sweets and Chocolate 🍫 Halloween’s just literally an excuse to eat sweets and chocolate, not that I need an excuse.
- Experiment with different and bold makeup looks.
- Play fancy dress. I like to reinvent the clothes I already own in my wardrobe and turn them into a costume.
- Halloween films such as Hocus Pocus and The nightmare before Christmas.
- The supernatural. I love anything to do with the supernatural and have been obsessed with The paranormal since I was young.
- Trick or treating. I loved this as a kid and have great memories of going dressed as a witch with my Nan, and cousins and coming back home with loads of sweets and money.
- Pumpkin Carving. It’s a tradition that I will carry on doing even though I’m not very good at it.
- Black lace high neck Victoriana Style – Primark -£15
- Red Suede Chelsea Boots – Primark – £18
- Floral headband with veil – Claire’s accessories – £10 (old).
For Halloween makeup I was inspired by the picture above. I don’t own any fancy Halloween or special effects makeup. I’m no expert at applying makeup and this looked pretty easy to interpret into something that I could do. I just applied my normal face makeup etc foundation concealer and powder. I then did my normal eye makeup routine on one eye. For the rest of the makeup I just used a black eyeliner to draw the black lines. I used a red lipstick for the lips and red patterns and applied with a thin makeup brush. I then used a cream-white eyeshadow primer and a fine pencil brush to draw the white pattern. I’m not a makeup artist and I’m ok at makeup so it’s not brilliant and not exactly like the picture inspiration.
Do you like Halloween ?? What’s your favourite thing about the Holiday??
* would like to say a big thankyou to my partner for taking these pictures for me and supporting me ( 📸 -@scanny8). Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram, Facebook and twitter for chats, exclusive pictures etc.
Thanks for Reading